Off-Season Storage and Seasonal Dockage Agreement
Terms and Conditions
- NO BOAT WILL BE HAULED OUT OR RELAUNCHED UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE IN FULL.
- Boats or other property left in the yard have a lien upon them and may be sold when charges are not paid when due. Such sale will take place in accordance with Ohio Watercraft Laws and Regulations.
- Boat owners are to provide proof of insurance to SSM and maintain coverage while stored or moored on SSM property.
- ANY BOAT FOR SALE ON SSM PROPERTY MUST BE BROKERED WITH SOUTH SHORE MARINA. IF SSM WISHES TO NOT BROKER SAID VESSEL, OWNER MAY ADVERTISE IT FOR SALE BY OWNER. NO PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMER OR BUYER WILL BE ALLOWED TO VIEW OR BOARD A VESSEL UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY THE BOAT OWNER AND/OR A SSM REPRESENITIVE. THESE RULES ARE FOR THE BOAT OWNER (S) AND SOUTH SHORE MARINA’S PROTECTION AND WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. IF A BOAT IS SOLD WHILE AT SOUTH SHORE MARINA PROPERTY AND EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO AFFECT THE SALE BY SOUTH SHORE PERSONNEL, A COMMISSION MAY BE DUE SOUTH SHORE MARINA AT THE TIME OF SALE OR DELIVERY.
- Trailers owned by SSM customers, and stored on the property may be done so at an expense to the customer, however, SSM will not be held responsible for theft or damage done to trailers.
- SSM customers are responsible for the conduct of their visitors and guests and they must abide by marina rules and regulations at all times while on marina property.
- SSM shall incur no liability of any kind whatsoever for any damage resulting from Theft, vandalism, damage, or fire, but not limited to the afore mentioned, it being understood that the OWNER(S) shall carry such insurance as they desire for their protection. Nor shall SSM be liable for any damage resulting from any strike, riots, or Act of God, which includes all the elements. All vessels shall be handled at the OWNER(S) risk subject to reasonable care and handling. SSM shall assume no liability for the condition of the Vessel.
- The OWNER(S) recognizes that outdoor spaces and yards are not fenced and that SSM does not provide security guard services. SSM will provide periodic observation of the boat exterior. SSM does not inspect decks, scuppers, cabins, shrink wraps, hull interiors or covers for soundness, water leaks or other damages from any cause including weather, theft, and vandalism.
- SSM shall not be responsible for the loss of any articles or equipment left on the boat. Items not affixed to the boat should be removed by the OWNER(S) for safekeeping. SSM likewise shall not be responsible for any fuel left in the boat, nor for any damage due to freezing.
- All work performed on boat must be scheduled through SSM. The OWNER(S) may employ outside help to do work on the boat while in storage in the event SSM is unable or unwilling to undertake the work, and they hereby agree to seek SSM services before employing other help. When work is being done by the OWNER(S) or by the volunteer or employed outside help, such work must be conducted in such a manner that will not hinder the work of others or create a hazard or cause damage that may result from their failure or the failure of their volunteer or employed workers (other than employees of SSM) to observe the conditions of this agreement. Outside vendors who perform work which is offered by SSM will be charged a user fee of $10.00 per hour when on South Shore Marina property. All outside vendors must provide proof of insurance, SSM management, when arriving at SSM to service any vessel. All vendors must sign in and out at marina office. All vendors must perform services during normal business hours.
- OWNER(S) understands and agrees that SSM makes no warranty with regard to ladders, platforms, walks, docks, floats, ramps, recreational devices, equipment, or gear on its premises or that which may be made available to the OWNER(S), members of their immediate family or guests, and OWNER(S) hereby jointly and severally releases and forever discharges SSM and all of its agents, owners, employees, and affiliated corporations liable from any and all claims, damages, or causes of actions of whatsoever kind or nature resulting from any accident or other occurrence while the undersigned is or are upon the premises of SSM.
- OWNER(S) and the undersigned further jointly and severally covenant and agree to indemnify and save harmless SOUTH SHORE MARINA by reason of any claims, suits, or damages of the OWNER(S) or undersigned.
- SOUTH SHORE MARINA will not accept or allow remaining at the Marina or storage lot, any boat that is, in the Marina’s opinion, in an unsafe or unusable condition.
- THE BOAT STORAGE SERVICE AS PROVIDED FOR HEREIN INCLUDES HAUL-OUT IN THE FALL, THE SPACE REQUIRED FOR STORAGE, AND LAUNCHING IN THE SPRING. ADDITIONAL SERVICES, SUCH AS DECOMMISSIONING AND WINTERIZING AT FALL LAY-UP TIME AND/OR COMMISSIONING IN THE SPRING AT LAUNCH TIME WILL BE DONE ONLY AS ORDERED AND INSTRUCTED BY THE OWNER(S) AT THE REGULAR SERVICE RATES. ALL BOATS LEFT AT SOUTH SHORE MARINA’S DOCK FOR HAULING WILL BE HAULED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, WEATHER PERMITTING. IN THE EVENT THAT THE OWNER(S) ELECTS TO KEEP THE BOAT IN STORAGE INTO THE NEXT STORAGE SEASON, NO CREDIT WILL BE ALLOWED FOR THE OMISSION OF THE SPRING LAUNCH (NOR THE OMISSION OF THE FALL HAUL-OUT PURSUANT TO THE STORAGE AGREEMENT COVERING THE NEXT STORAGE SEASON). IF SSM DOES NOT OFFER A WINTER STORAGE, SUMMER STORAGE, DOCKAGE, OR MOORING AGREEMENT, BOAT OWNERS MUST REMOVE THEIR BOAT FROM SSM OWNED AND/OR LEASED PROPERTY WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIPT OF WRITTEN NOTICE FROM SOUTH SHORE MARINA. ANY BOAT NOT REMOVED AFTER 30 DAY WRITTEN NOTICE WILL BE ASSESSED A $50.00 PER DAY FEE UNTIL REMOVED. ANY BOATS NOT LAUNCHED OR REMOVED FROM STORAGE PRIOR TO MAY 1 WILL BE SUBJECT TO A SUMMER STORAGE CHARGE OF $50.00 PER MONTH, BILLED ON THE FIRST DAY OF EACH MONTH THEREFTER. SUMMER STORAGE RATES EFFECTIVE 05/01 – 09/30.
- Available dockage, mooring, or storage space will be assigned on a first come first serve basis with priority given to previous year round dock and storage customers. Space will be utilized according to the boat size and To SSM’s advantage.
- OWNER(S) expressly understands to the foregoing terms and conditions and agrees to save South Shore Marina harmless with respect to damage or loss to the Vessel and/or its equipments and components thereof.